Adil leverages his expertise in organic chemistry to help clients build strategic patent portfolios in pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and materials spaces. He works with pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and materials companies to acquire patents on platform technologies and on further improvements at all stages of clinical development. Adil also assists with intellectual property due diligence and transactions through the evaluation of client and competitor portfolios.
Adil brings 12 years of research experience in organic and organometallic chemistry to Clark+Elbing. His research primarily focused on the development of new catalysts and synthesis methods as well as experimental and in silico mechanistic studies of catalytic processes.
During his academic career, Adil:
- Developed new synthesis methods based on and investigated mechanisms of olefin metathesis, metal-free conjugate addition of boron nucleophiles, and Cu-catalyzed hydroboration
- Developed new Ru-based olefin metathesis catalysts
- Investigated transmetallation and migratory insertion reactions involving Pd(II) alkyl complexes through the use of in silico and experimental gas- and solution-phase methods
Adil has co-authored original research articles and scholarly review articles in peer-reviewed journals: Nature, Journal of the American Chemical Society, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, and Organometallics. Adil has also co-authored book chapters in Catalytic Asymmetric Synthesis and Metathesis in Natural Product Synthesis: Strategies, Substrates and Catalysts.
- ETH Postdoctoral Fellowship
- LaMattina Fellowship in Organic Chemistry
- Whitaker Foundation Fellowship in Biomedical Engineering
- Member, American Chemical Society