Erin applies her technical expertise in chemistry and biochemistry to assist with the strategic development and management of client patent portfolios. She works closely with industry and academic clients to draft and prosecute patent applications related to the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. She also assists with intellectual property due diligence with both corporate and investor clients.
Erin’s doctoral research focused on understanding the rules that govern cell permeability of peptide macrocycles. Her studies focused on the conformational dynamics of drug-like natural products and the resulting applications to the design and synthesis of peptides macrocycle inhibitors of oncogenic targets. This work required proficiency in peptide synthesis, molecular biology, cell culture, and the development of cell-based screening methods. She has co-authored original research articles in the Journal of the American Chemical Society, ChemBioChem, and PLoS One.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Doctoral Fellowship
- Derek C. Bok Teaching Prize, Harvard University
- Society of Chemical Industry Merit Award, McGill University
- Kalyon Prize in Science, McGill University
- Member, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Member, American Chemical Society