Gina applies her experience in organic chemistry to help clients develop strategic patent portfolios. She works with a range of early-stage and established biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies on the drafting and prosecution of patent applications. She also assists with IP due diligence through the evaluation of client and competitor portfolios.
Gina’s doctoral research focused on the total synthesis of natural products and related analogues.
As part of her doctoral research studies, Gina:
- Investigated different strategies to synthesize tetrahydroxanthones
- Studied an intermolecular cascade reaction
- Optimized an asymmetric route to key intermediates
Gina has co-authored a peer-reviewed article in the Journal of Visualized Experiments; additional journal publications are forthcoming.
- Outstanding Teaching Fellow Award in Chemistry, Boston University
- Dean’s Fellowship, Boston University
- Member, American Chemical Society
- Member, Northeastern Section of Younger Chemists Committee