Jeff advises clients on a wide range of patent-related matters, including the preparation and prosecution of patent applications; management of complex patent portfolios; analysis of patent validity, enforceability, and infringement issues; drafting of patent licenses and other agreements concerning the development and/or transfer of technology; and intellectual property due diligence for venture capital investments, mergers and acquisitions, and licensing opportunities.
Jeff is well-versed in patent portfolio management, the interplay of intellectual property with FDA regulatory matters, and the evaluation and protection of business plans involving FDA-approved products. Jeff’s practice emphasizes inventions in various areas of technology, including general chemistry, polymers, pharmaceuticals, diagnostic agents, diagnostic methods, cosmetics, drug delivery systems, nutraceuticals, and medical devices.
Jeff has given presentations on intellectual property due diligence in the pharma space. Topics presented included the statutory requirements for the approval of generic drugs and biologics and implications for the prosecution and evaluation of patent claims.
Jeff has co-authored 18 scientific articles appearing in such journals as Angewandte Chemie, Journal of the American Chemical Society, and Chemical Reviews.
- Advised company with reformulated drug from inception through $640M acquisition.
- Advised company with repurposed drug from inception through IPO.
- Provided due diligence analysis to fund managers investing in life sciences companies.
- Prosecuted patent applications for company developing implantable medical devices and provided strategic advice from inception to receipt of CE mark.
- Provided strategic advice to early stage companies developing small molecule clinical candidates, drug delivery devices, and nutraceuticals.
- Managed patent issues for publicly traded company with a portfolio covering FDA approved drug and clinical candidates.
- Prosecuted patent applications for company developing improved dialysis systems and catheters.